CREATING THE PROJECT
- Use administrator privileges launch either Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express 2010. To launch Visual Studio with administrator privileges, right-click Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (or Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express 2010) and then click Run as administrator. The Windows Azure compute emulator, discussed later in this guide, requires that Visual Studio be launched with administrator privileges.
In Visual Studio, on the File menu, click New, and then click Project.
- From Installed Templates, under Visual C#, click Web and then click ASP.NET MVC 3 Web Application.
Name the application ToDoListApp and click OK:
MODIFY UI TEXT WITHIN YOUR APPLICATION
- In Solution Explorer, under Views\Shared open the _Layout.cshtml file.
- Within the body tag, find the title of the page enclosed in h1 tags. Change the title text from My MVC Application to To Do List. Here is where you type this in:
RUN YOUR APPLICATION LOCALLYRun the application to verify that it works.
- Within Visual Studio, press F5.
- Your application should appear running in a browser: