- To make your app deployable to the cloud, right click on the ToDoListApp project in Solution Explorer and click Add Windows Azure Deployment Project:
- To enable the built-in membership provider you must use the ASP.NET Universal Providers. This provider enables the account management capabilities in your application. In Solution Explorer, right click on ToDoListApp and then click Manage NuGet Packages... (or Add Library Package Reference... in older versions of NuGet):
- In the ToDoListApp – Manage NuGet Packages dialog, in the top right corner within the Search Online field, write "universal providers":
- Select the "ASP.NET Universal Providers" and click Install. Close the ToDoListApp – Manage NuGet Packages dialog after installation is complete.
- In Solution Explorer, open the Web.config file in the root directory of the ToDoListApp project.
- Under the <configuration> / <connectionStrings> section replace the DefaultConnection connection stringas shown below.
<add name="DefaultConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=aspnet_ToDoListApp;Integrated Security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
- To test your application, press F5.
- This will start the Windows Azure compute emulator. The compute emulator uses the local computer to emulate your application running in Windows Azure. You can confirm the emulator has started by looking at the system tray:
- A browser will still display your application running locally, and it will look and function the same way it did when you ran it earlier as a regular ASP.NET MVC 3 application.
- Senior Technical Talent Advisor and Community Development - A.I, Machine Learning and Data Science.
Director & Co-Founder @ www.Abso-Fashion-Lutely.co.ukDirector & Founder of Data Science & Big Data Analytics IT Job Board http://datasciencebigdataanalytics.jobboard.io/
Data Scientist, Statistician, Insight Analyst, Chief Data Scientists, Data Architect, Data Engineer, Data Analyst, Statistics Consultant, Research Engineer, Quantitative Analyst, Developer, Engineer, Pre-Sales / Post Sales engineer, Sales Engineer, Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, Technical Evangelist, Client Services Engineer, Architects (Cloud, Solutions & Enterprise), Cloud & Big data Analytics, Microsoft Azure and consulting roles.
The above is not an exclusive list and I work on a diverse range of roles and technologies. Contact me: 0044 788 135 1363
I am currently studying with Udacity to further my career in Data Science, Big Data Analytics, Programming, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Psychology & Visualizing Algebra.
I specialise in the following:
• Talent Manager and also responsible for expanding our internal team; vetting, meeting & technically testing candidates
• Providing advice around legal, accounting and general recruitment to the community
• Utilising the latest social media strategies for recruitment Twitter,Github Etc ..
• Setting up interviews, negotiating extensions, offers & contracts
• Developing new relationships and bringing in new business
• Client & account management
• Attending and arranging technical conferences to better my understanding of the technologies and markets I specialise in
I own & run the following groups on LinkedIn:
• ASP.Net MVC 3, MVC 4 & MVC5 Ninjas
• Cloud & Big data
• Microsoft Azure Ninjas
• Data Scientist & Analytics UK
• HTML5 Ninjas
• Java Blackbelt
• Hadoop Experts UK & EMEA
Friday, 3 February 2012
MAKING YOUR APPLICATION READY TO DEPLOY TO WINDOWS AZURE
Now, you will prepare your application to run in a Windows Azure hosted service. Your application needs to include a Windows Azure deployment project before it can be deployed to the cloud. The deployment project contains configuration information that is needed to properly run your application in the cloud.